Candidate of Sciences (=Ph.D.), 2006.
Dissertation: “Bdelloid rotifers (Rotifera, Bdelloidea) of Ukraine (systematics, fauna, ecology)” (in Russian, 2005).
2014-present – I.I. Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv), Department of Invertebrate Fauna and Systematics, Research Scientist
2006-2014 – I.I. Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv), Department of Invertebrate Fauna and Systematics, Junior Research Scientist
2006-2007 – Kyiv-Mohyla National Academy, Ecology, Lecturer
2001-2005 – I.I. Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv), Department of Invertebrate Fauna and Systematics, Technician
Taxonomy, systematics and phylogeny of bdelloid rotifers (Rotifera: Bdelloidea). Global diversity of rotifers (Rotifera). Biodiversity and ecology of soil microinvertebrates. Biodiverstity and evolution of polar soil ecosystems. Evolution of asexual reproduction in animals. DNA taxonomy and fingerprinting. Phylogeography and speciation. Animal cytogenetics.
- GACR Grant, Czech Republic: The study of mechanisms allowing the coexistence of sexual and clonal populations, on the model of European spined loaches, 2013-2017, collaborator
- SGS Grant of the University of Ostrava, Czech Republic Evolution of polyploidy and clonality in hybrid complexes of spined loaches (Genus Cobitis), 2015, collaborator
- SGS Grant of the University of Ostrava, Reproduction mode and a genome: an example of seisonid rotifers (Rotifera: Pararotatoria: Seisonidae), 2014, main resolver
- PhD fellowship of University of Ostrava, Czech Republic: The origin of asexuality: testing a link between asexual reproduction, polyploidy and interspecific hybridization in gynogenetics and “ancient asexuals”, 2012-2016, personal fellowship.
- NAS of Ukraine/AS of Czech Republic: Species diversity of freshwater and terrestrial antarctic micrometazoans: a DNA-taxonomy approach, 2011 to 2013, project leader.
- Polish Academy of Sciences, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic: The effects of environmental changes on distribution, abundance and diversity of biota in terrestrial ecosystems of Maritime Antarctic, 2010 to 2014, collaborator.
- Polish Academy of Sciences: Taksonomia i ekologia wrotkow (Rotifera) z rzadu pijawczakow (Bdelloidea) na terenie Polski Ref. No N304 0341 33, 2009 to 2010, collaborator.
- INTAS Young Scientist Fellowship: Order Adinetida, Rotifera, Bdelloidea. An analysis of diversity and distribution of the taxon in Central and Southern Europe. Ref. No 06-1000014-5639, 2007 to 2009, personal fellowship.
- NAS of Ukraine: Role of some groups of soil microfauna invertebrates as biomarkers of the state of the transformed forest ecosystems in the Northern and Central Forest-Steppe, 2007 to 2009, project leader.
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences: The structure, distribution and seasonal changes of zooplankton in Srebarna lake in connection with water ecosystem state changes, 2003 to 2004, collaborator.
- NAS of Ukraine: Fauna and taxonomy of bdelloid rotifers (Rotifera: Bdelloidea) of Ukraine, Lubishev research fellowship, 2002 to 2004, personal fellowship.
Skills in languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking):
Ukrainian and Russian - mother tongues
English: all fluent
Western Slavic languages (Polish, Czech, Slovak) – reading fluent, speaking functional (Czech) or basic (Polish), basic writing (Czech)
Other Slavic languages: basic level of written text understanding
Romanian languages (French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian) – basic or functional reading, basic speaking (French), functional knowledge of grammar
Latin – within the university course
German languages (mostly German, Dutch) – functional knowledge of grammar, basic level of written text understanding
I. I. Schmalhausen Institute of Zoology, 2004-2016